WONT BACK DOWN

If I had to give my husband a theme song, it would be Wont Back Down by Tom Petty.  You could stand him up at the gates of hell, but he won't back down.





Doug is a scrapper.  He will probably die in one epic battle or another - I mean that with all sincerity.  He has the tenacity and big picture worldview grit that ever keeps him in a place of speaking graciously but living relentlessly in pursuit of Truth and justice.  He won't back down.  He is a world shaper.  Ive never seen anything like him.

We got to spend the day as a family yesterday, away from Camp.  It was the first day of the summer that we have been able to do such.  I know, its mid July.  But the point is, we did have yesterday.

We drove to San Antonio and hit our fav Mexican restaurant there, Rosario's, then on to the Mexican Market, the Riverwalk and the Alamo.  The girls had never seen the Alamo, I don't know how that is possible, but they hadn't.  



As we walked the historic mission I was struck, as most are, by this group who died there.  They held out as long as they physically could.  There was no option for surrender, no option for retreat.  They had set their faces like flint.  I wanted to shake their hands.  Few are the men who will die for what they believe in.

I looked at my husband knowing he too is one of them.