WEEKLY SHARING



A weekly sharing of one of my favorite passages or quotes:


“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”


― C.S. LewisThe Weight of Glory



PS.  I normally dont write about these weekly sharings, but this week I had to.  When I first read this book, back in 2006, that was the moment the curtain began to be pulled back on how I had settled for a home, a family, a few friends, my interior design work, my wardrobe, a weekly date night and a couple of yearly vacations.  Suddenly, I saw.  I had become far too easily pleased.    Frightening...that would have been my legacy - she was a designer with good clothes, a family and a nice car;  she traveled with her husband and enjoyed life.

P.S.S.  Savannah just came in and read that legacy part above.  She said, "Mom, that would have been a bad way to go out."