NOT PRETTY

Do not cease to cry out to The Lord our God for us, that He may save us.



Three days ago we loaded all we own into storage and left the home we have lived in for the past two years.   Our lease had finally come to a conclusion.   We do not plan to move from the area, rather are just in between homes (we will see what He has in mind though).    It was an extremely rocky departure... but The Lord Provided for us in countless ways.  Ways we dont yet fully understand.


Dear friends have offered us their Breckenridge cabin for the month of December while we discern what is next.  We have been there for the past few days.  Once a week though we must come into town for the girls classes and commitments.  A blizzard blew in today so we came a day early.


It has been hard beyond hard.  I totally unraveled yesterday.  Even after taking a walk with The Lord.  Even after counseling my heart moment by moment.  Even after filling myself with Scripture.  Still unraveled.   Being homeless tears at a mother in ways that few I know can understand.  Not because the walls hold any intrinsic value, but because the rhythms of life together are scattered.  This is our second time to do this in-between waiting business.  But, what a fabulous place the Lord has Provided for us as we wait on Him!  Incredible, incredible  Beauty surrounds us.  And, I know that tears must fall.   Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy.  They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest.

I trust in these hours that this is necessary training for what is ahead for me, for Dougs ministry, for our girls and their preparations.  I trust that one day I will be able to minister differently to women because of what I have seen face to face.  I trust.  I trust.  I trust.  All is preparation for what is next.  We have been heading toward this for a long, long, long time.



Its not pretty, I know.  Perhaps you think we look very foolish right now.  Like we have surely made many mistakes.    Isnt it great to remember that every faith story looks like that in the middle?  But they all end the same!

We wait.