HAPPY NEW YEAR

Each morning I awake to a verse that is sent to my email account.  I read nothing else before I get up other than that verse.  The Lord knows that, and today this passage from Isaiah 43 was waiting for me:


Thus says the Lord, who makes a way in the sea, a path in the mighty waters, “Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.

As Ive written about before, the story of The Exodus has been my balance these past weeks.   Now, as the new year begins, He has made a way for our family.  Lord willing, we will be signing a lease around noon today and beginning to move into a new dwelling this afternoon.  It has been a long walk these past months, but God has been faithful!  I have had the strength I prayed for and Doug has led us well.  


Dear friends said The Lord had prompted them to pay our deposit at the new house.  An incredible blessing as that was what was keeping us from being able to commit somewhere.  Additional Praises, two of my blog readers sent money for our move (these people have never met me!) saying the exact same thing, the Lord had placed it on their hearts.  And Peyton's principal and her husband were the first to deposit into Doug's account at E3.  Really?  We are speechless!


There is an incredible peace in watching the Lord Provide a place for our family, in not simply writing a check and making something happen.  I pray those involved in this, by their open handed Obedience will feel the same Blessing and Care we do.  


I can not overstate the Faithfulness of God as we have walked this hard season.  I have truly felt the Love and Joy of my Savior.  He has seen me, cared for me and answered my prayers for strength.  He has given Doug direction and helped him lead in countless ways.  My children have yet another eye-witnessTestimony of His Faithfulness, one more to carry into their lives and to share with others.  He has moved in such astounding ways and Holy is His Name.


As we move into our new dwelling today, I pray we will remember what He has done and share the story well.  I pray we will use the space to enjoy His Blessings and to bring joy to others lives.  I pray it will be a safe and welcoming place for all, a sanctuary.


Happy New Year to you and Yours.  May it be one filled with seeking Him with all you are.



UPDATE:  The house fell through AT lease signing.  Literally, while we were signing the papers.  The home was advertised at one price and in signing the lease it became evident that wouldn't be the price.  We had to walk away.  No house.  You'll remember something similar happened in early November as well, when we were trying for a Dec. 1 movein at another home.  Clearly these are not what the Lord has for us.  Hours and hours (weeks in this case) of weighing which home is best, praying and praying, then watching Him close the doors in the last moments.  I walked out on the deck and cried.   Tears equally thankful for His leading and exhausted from the long, long walk these past years.  So...tonight we are at a hotel in Denver using up the last of our points at a favorite hotel.  Thankful for that Mercy.  We've had a few hours to absorb the shock so I just looked at Doug and asked if he was disappointed.  He replied simply, "I don't have time for that emotion.  We have to keep moving."

The Best is always ahead of us.  We know The Lord is leading us, even (especially) in this change of course.  He is guiding us to His Best for our family.  On that we are united.


He reminded me only this morning that He will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  

A mans heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.