THANKSGIVING

You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine



There isnt much left in our house, besides a ton of boxes.  This morning Doug and I moved the only two chairs left in the house to the front room and had coffee and some of his incredible bacon, cheddar and pasilla pepper omelets before the fire.  Had to pull a sofa cushion out for the dog as well.  I do love that we always make time to stop, savor, share.  Doug is the one who taught me that skill.  There will always be much to be done, demands of our time, chaos in this world.  But we do not live by this worlds clock.  Relationship before busy-ness.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

In a few hours we will have a celebration meal with Savannahs dearest friends family and a few other families we dont know.  We barely know any of them honestly.  But we are so thankful they invited us.     We were hoping to not be alone this year.

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


As I cleaned up the kitchen from Dougs breakfast endeavors I hit play on Oceans.   I am singing it over a friend today whose child is in ICU.  I am also counseling my heart with it as I walk blindly into our "fill in the blank" once again.  I dont think this kind of unknown will ever be easy for me.

I began to walk our empty house as the song began.  Intentionally I looked out different windows to familiar scenes, trails we have walked these past two years.  As I passed through each room, silently singing, a deep Gladness rose in me anew.  I told Taralyn last night, I do not know when it began, and it surprises me each time it washes over me.  Before I knew it I was twirling in our dining room like a child.


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior


Spirit lead me ...