CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING


Ive written many times about the riches of walking with teenagers.  Ive also written about my fears that our instability (by the worlds standards) would shake the foundations of our children.  Certainly living with teens has its own challenges, but there are moments in the middle of it all that encourage me on multiple levels.  These moments help me to see that what is shaken needs to be, so that what remains in them is what will never be shaken.


Both of our girls have a way with words that meets my heart.  Perhaps all parents feel that way about their children.  In the middle of this very pressing time, Peyton blessed us immensely with this card on our anniversary.  I remember when Savannah began writing to us in ways that helped us see she was crossing over into adulthood evaluations.  The Blessing of it is indescribable.