CONTEMPLATING

A few Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards which I am contemplating...


17. Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

25. Resolved, to examine carefully, and constantly, what that one thing in me is, which causes me in the least to doubt of the love of God; and to direct all my forces against it.

53. Resolved, to improve every opportunity, when I am in the best and happiest frame of mind, to cast and venture my soul on the Lord Jesus Christ, to trust and confide in him, and consecrate myself wholly to him; that from this I may have assurance of my safety, knowing that I confide in my Redeemer. July 8, 1723.

58. Resolved, not only to refrain from an air of dislike, fretfulness, and anger in conversation, but to exhibit an air of love, cheerfulness and benignity. May 27, and July 13, 1723.

If you appreciate Edwards teaching, I would very much encourage you to read the book on the right sidebar.  If you haven't already, that is.  Ive found it encouraging and inspiring, even (especially) in its utter frailty as it presents these two very human, very flawed individuals.