INSTEAD

Doug asked me to put together a wish list for Mothers Day.  He wanted ideas in every price range and genre - sweet treats to pie-in-the-sky dreams.  I don't need anything, so instead Im giving him this beautiful collage picture.  I think its more fun for him to dream alongside me, to feel what Im inspired by these days,  than for me to give a list of exact boxes to check or not check.    He has much better taste than I do anyway.





When I look at this I think of:

time by azure pools
daytrips to rolling dunes
chunky ethnic jewelry mixed with classic clothing
navy tie-dye prints
caftans, tunics, huge raffia bags
beaded statement sandals
the smells of night blooming jasmine, teak wood and tobacco leaf
bossa nova by moonlight

It will be fun to hear what he sees.  And what he dreams up from there...