+[how much more]+

I am meant to never be satisfied here- to ever be a sojourner, a tent maker. I've fought that for so long.

The truth is that the dissatisfaction is the divine ruse to keep me from making a permanent settlement on this side of eternity. That truth disarms so much in the way of loneliness, frustration, lack of understanding. I love being reminded.

In this Sabbath morning alone, in the Son-dappled space where I sit reading and thinking deep, I am reminded of Jesus's repeated questions of "if then, how much more?"

If these moments alone, to ask who He is, who I am and to listen and learn are so special, so filling, so reminding...how much more will they be special, filling and reminding when we are face to face?

Sabbath is just a foretaste.

more notes from Mark Buchanan