+[blizzard blessings]+

The view from our master bedroom window - overlooking the backyard which blends into miles and miles of trails. Merciful Gift.

It seems that just in time for the blizzard:

Jan sent me the newest book by one of my favorite authors (waving thank you, Jan!).

I just yesterday picked up The Remains of the Day movie from the library (I know, I know... it won't be as good as the book).

We have a pot of leftover chili so no one will ask me to cook (or at least they won't get me to).

The fireplace in my room is lit. A fresh pot of coffee is brewed and Orange Dark Chocolate Scones are sitting tableside (Elanas pantry grainfree of course, recipe below!).

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


Orange Dark Chocolate Chip Scones

  • 2 cups blanched almond flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 tablespoon orange zest
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons agave nectar
  1. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, chips and zest
  2. In a smaller bowl, combine egg and agave
  3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
  4. Knead dough with hands if necessary to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
  5. Form dough into a circle that is about ½-inch in thick
  6. Cut dough like a pizza, into 8 slices
  7. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet
  8. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes then allow to cool before serving (cooling allows texture to set)