Atticus and I sit everyday and read at 6am. It's quiet here at that hour. Today a soft snow was falling and the fireplaces all provided a comfy warmth. Suddenly I missed those Christmas muffins I used to make! And then I remembered...at Christmas this year I made a grainfree and sugarfree scone version adapted from Elanas pantry. Hooray!
I typically whip some whipping cream with a splash of grade B maple syrup to serve alongside these. They are not too sweet, so add a bit more agave if you are more of a sweet scone lover.
Hope you enjoy them!
GFSF Cranberry Orange Pecan Scones
2 cups blanched almond flour
¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup pecan pieces
1 tablespoon orange zest (or Clementine zest)
2 tablespoons agave nectar
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cranberries, pecans and zest
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg and agave
- Mix wet ingredients into dry
- Knead dough with hands if necessary to ensure proper distribution of ingredients
- Form dough into a circle so that it is about ½-inch in thick
- Cut circle like a pizza, into 8 slices
- Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes